In addition to training for educators who are actively implementing the Student Racing Challenge, Ten80 provides professional development for current and pre-service teachers that covers the following:
- STEM education methods; breaking down subject-matter silos
- Applied STEM concepts and skills (real problem solving skills)
- Effectively engaging professional mentors with students
Ten80's engineer-educator teams understand that educators, like most people, learn best by doing and adhere to the 5 E's model.
- Engage learners
- Explore topics actively
- Explain what was explored
- Evaluate to assess content knowledge
- Extend the concepts and skills
Training is offered in a variety of ways. Visit the facebook events tab for upcoming dates or contact us to learn more.
- 2 - 4 day workshops at your facility
- 2 - 4 day workshops at Ten80 facilities or at partner venues (ex. racetracks, SolidWorks headquarters, etc.)
- Model lessons in which Ten80's team works directly with your students and with you at the same time
- Ongoing support through web training, chats and forums